Author Topic: 1.9  (Read 1758 times)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« on: March 01, 2016, 01:27:48 AM »
Vanilla 1.9 was released today.

I noticed Spigot has already updated, so I'll likely do some testing with using that for our server instead of CraftBukket.  In the past Spigot tended to have a bit more overhead as it has more built into it than Bukket has, but that may have changed and it's worth a look.  Otherwise it will probably be months before we can update.

I'll certainly keep you all informed.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
Re: 1.9
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »
cool I don't mind waiting but the sooner the better. :)
Also there probably wont be enough wings to go around how will we handle that here?
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline steve

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »
cool :) good luck testing  [steve]

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:34:37 PM »
Also there probably wont be enough wings to go around how will we handle that here?

Yeah, I've been thinking about those elystra or elytra (aka wings), whatever they're called.

I probably won't have to add borders in the end since there isn't as much data in the end so the map size isn't as much of an issue.  So even though end cities are rare, and not all of them have the ship (where the wings are) perhaps we can just let anyone who wants to take the time and go the large distance to find them be allowed to keep them. 

It's kind of like how jungle temples are rare, and whoever had found them could keep the chiseled bricks (before they could be crafted)

Not sure.  Opinions or suggestions?

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 10:17:51 PM »

Yeah, I've been thinking about those elystra or elytra (aka wings), whatever they're called.

I probably won't have to add borders in the end since there isn't as much data in the end so the map size isn't as much of an issue.  So even though end cities are rare, and not all of them have the ship (where the wings are) perhaps we can just let anyone who wants to take the time and go the large distance to find them be allowed to keep them. 

It's kind of like how jungle temples are rare, and whoever had found them could keep the chiseled bricks (before they could be crafted)

Not sure.  Opinions or suggestions?
after a certain distance the cities stop spawning I think, on hermitcraft they command block it as a drop from the dragon since you can make it respawn with a item in-game.
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »
Update to 1.9.2 is complete