Author Topic: 1.11 discussion  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
Re: 1.11 discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 08:16:29 PM »
I begin work on a mob farm for my and kil's sky base this time i had to put it low for better rates but i will bring the drops up high with a item elevator once i finish the farm. I'm doing this mostly for bones and gunpowder and the string not to bad either.

I might sell fireworks that are use as booster once 1.11.2 hits here and I'm wondering do you guys want the longer duration ones or the shorts ones for the better control?
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VOdyYan-3g I think if we ever do a new map this terrain mod (works with spigot.) would be cool to have but it's 1.10 only right now.

Offline steve

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 05:06:20 AM »
Look's cool, the animals look to have a problem
The thing with mods is your relent on the mod dev to keep working and updating
I find playing mod packs is there fun but short lived
If i play a mod i tend never to start to do any thing that is big as you cant tell how long it will last

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »
This is more a terrain shaper with the current blocks in vanilla and i can see why we wouldn't do it cause it will always be behind in updates. Also let me know what fireworks you guys want mostly the short or long ones?

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »
Also you could load the mod then remove it and keep the new terrain like pre-load it in but that would leave no unexplore chunks for new stuff so i don't think it's a good idea. It also adds extra spawners that are not normally find like witch spawner that's technically not very vanilla like and also someone could argue that changing the terrain not very vanilla too.

There also amplified that we could do but that lags bad then there bigger biomes i was never a fan off.

I got my mushroom island that I'm going to make pretty just got to get someone to build me a volcano. :P

edit. Also i think when we do a new map the border should be built in one it doesn't teleport you when you hit certain spots of the map and maybe the map size should start smaller like 5000 by 5000.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:16:21 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 11:37:05 AM »
Mob farm 2.0 completed i notice if you leave the area or get kick or log from the server the water system messes up it's not to hard to fix but it's annoying. The rates of gunpowder seem better then the witch farm but the witches drop more then one item that's why. All my projects are done for 1.11 i could make more things but there not really needed. 

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »
Sorry guys, I'm not going to implement any plugin that modifies terrain generation. That would completely re-brand our server and I don't want to have a map reliant on a plugin. Thanks for the idea, though. I'm always open to suggestions.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 03:29:47 PM »
I didn't think it was a good idea either but for some servers it might be good. one thing is behind in updates and who wants to wait for something update to update there server. The other plugins on the server update regularly or do we have to wait on them too?

Also I don't think we get a illager mansion on this map but you can't turn them to farms so that ok in my opinion for those that already want a new map. I could get that new villager that has the maps and try to look for one but the world border might get in the way and i know how you feel about that.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:57 PM »
Hunting a woodland mansion might be a fun idea for a party!

I suspect the novelty of those mansions will wear out fast, like the jungle and desert temples when they first came out.  These mansions have new mobs to fight, but outside of that there isn't much there, other than "cool! I found one!"  The new mobs don't respawn once killed so finding one of these is a fleeting victory, and there isn't even any new special loot.

Not sure it's necessary but if I need to nudge a border to make a mansion accessible I may be willing to do that depending on the specifics.  I sure get it would be cool to find one.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
I don't think there anything major either but there is no telling how far you would have to do the border so i would just leave it alone. You can kinda tell on the map on how far you are from one if the icon is really small your really far away like 20000 blocks or something. They spawn really far or close depending on the seed i think mansion are mostly a single player feature and not intended for servers.

It wouldn't hurt to get a map villager and try to look for one to fight for the party. One idea we could maybe get one on the map and tell no one to build anything there and delete the chunks with mcedit then explore it again. I'm not sure that idea is good but there so rare and I'm sure everyone would want to fight it sometime.

I might tomorrow get a map villager and see if any are close by wish me luck. :)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
lol  ;D   I'm not going mess with our map in mcedit just for a woodland mansion. I would only do that for a serious, serious, serious situation.

But yeah if you get a map villager definately check it out! Good luck!  :)  Let us know what you find

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »
seems like my villager breeder going slow not sure why maybe cause i kill the other villagers in there with a lava bucket and it count it as my kill and lower the village score and if do the mansion if i find one we should probably save the vindicators(The ones with a axe.) for farms and such.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
i try a few things to reset the score and it seems only trading with villagers in the trading hall work it still kinda slow but it's working.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »
resetting villager should be removing all the doors of a village but that didn't work. It stop working maybe i need to put more bread in.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
more bread didn't help i dunno i might need help to fix it.