Author Topic: There are changes afoot  (Read 1430 times)

Offline steve

• View Profile
Re: There are changes afoot
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 05:30:22 PM »
i would like the download just as a reference test world
i would play the new map the same reason  as, single player over are community on the server
Server first priority and all the plans i have there
I can live with out the nether but travailing coud be a long job.
 [steve] [apple]

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • View Profile
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »
You can always go in creative once you get the old map there also tp you might want to write down coords in case you can't find it.

Yeah i don't see a reason for anyone to play the old map over the new map that's a server i'm just paranoid about things.  :o

I just think the 1 bed sleeping will be require cause of phantoms attacking people if they don't sleep for 3 days. The ender man not picking up blocks i don't care either way but it's been suggested in the past by me and maybe someone else too?

edit. finding a place to the map download will take some time cause most sites now a day are just for businesses and not for public use.

edit 2. the timer resets for phantoms attacking when you sleep you just have to click the bed for to reset at night time you don't actually have to sleep so it's ok now maybe we should stay pure vanilla with protection plugins or something.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:01:18 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • View Profile
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »
    Hi folks.

I've been giving the server a lot of thought.

We’ve been using the same map since January 2013, Minecraft version 1.4.  A lot of changes have come to Minecraft in terms of terrain, blocks/items, mob and redstone mechanics, many aspects of the game really.

Our active player count is very low.  One aspect of our server I've always seen as a plus (having a stable map that doesn't reset) I still see as a plus, but a map this old I believe is a deterrent to new players and has become a bore to current players.

I've also been very strict on vanilla play, mostly due to instability and work involved with juggling plugins, and also frankly my personal preference to play style. Changes coming to the game are changing what "vanilla" really means since more and more of the game is becoming customizable within the vanilla framework. It appears to me players expect more of such things, and being strictly vanilla isn't as in vogue as it used to be.

[apple]
    After Spigot 1.13 is released here's what's happening to gnarcraft
    • New map.
    • I'll be heavily recruiting new members
    • Loosening my convictions on vanilla, what specifically will be new I'm not sure yet, we can discuss what people want, but things such as blocks enderman grab, sleep requirements to pass night, maybe even as drastic as some type of player claiming/controlling territory/chests. Note - I still will be resistant to new plugins.  :)
    [/b]
    [/list]

Things that won’t change
    • 18+ age rule.
    • Our basic server rules.
    • How often map resets, pretty much never unless there's a really good reason.
    • World border (but much smaller)
    • Being a "vanilla-type" legitimate survival server; in other words there won't be factions, economy, clans, multi-maps, creative grants or such things.
    [apple]

I'm open to feedback, suggestions and very much appreciate your opinions.

---edited to add...
    Please don't spend time researching seeds to suggest. Just a reminder, I don't make the seed public due to the possibility of using it for cheating.
    I think it's a good using the locking chest/door plugin and claim territory i could see it making new people feel more comfortable with there stuff being safe. Let's talk about eco and creativerse for a bit it they both have this option and it's great cause you know for sure no one will mess with your besides a admin and that's good.
    Also would the plot or claim territory show up on the dynmap kinda like eco and creativerse so we can know where we can build and not be on someone else land where we can't build?

This would also make me more comfortable cause i had stuff stolen from me twice once traceable by the protection plugins the other time no info about it was there. Also would you need the other protection plugins for public property too?

Lastly how would shops work would that be a plugin too or by the trust system? if anything having a chest on a shop plot then a sign clicking trade 36 zombie flesh for 1 emerald would be good if it had something like and if the chest was low on items it wouldn't trade for item.

edit. don't get me wrong i don't hate the current system in place it's just bad cause you have to remember everything you had in your chest before logging out each time i even had people taking ender pearls from me and giving me junk when the current map was new at least they had the decently to post a sign saying they did.
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:21:14 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
    I'll try and make the current map available for you. It's big, even zipped it's 3.1 gigs, but I can work it out, maybe break it into a few downloads.  It's no problem converting it to single player and supplying the nether and end also. Of course, not until the new map is in place.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 04:00:42 PM »

I think it's a good using the locking chest/door plugin and claim territory i could see it making new people feel more comfortable with there stuff being safe. Let's talk about eco and creativerse for a bit it they both have this option and it's great cause you know for sure no one will mess with your besides a admin and that's good.
    Also would the plot or claim territory show up on the dynmap kinda like eco and creativerse so we can know where we can build and not be on someone else land where we can't build?

This would also make me more comfortable cause i had stuff stolen from me twice once traceable by the protection plugins the other time no info about it was there. Also would you need the other protection plugins for public property too?

Lastly how would shops work would that be a plugin too or by the trust system? if anything having a chest on a shop plot then a sign clicking trade 36 zombie flesh for 1 emerald would be good if it had something like and if the chest was low on items it wouldn't trade for item.

edit. don't get me wrong i don't hate the current system in place it's just bad cause you have to remember everything you had in your chest before logging out each time i even had people taking ender pearls from me and giving me junk when the current map was new at least they had the decently to post a sign saying they did.

I haven't started looking at new plugins, so I'm not going to be able to answer specific questions about how they will work yet, just entertaining ideas.

Anything I add will be very simple, but I hear you that you like the idea of protecting your stuff somehow.  I'll definitely look into that before the new map.

Don't forget, this isn't happening until the Spigot 1.13 update, we've got a lot of time and things may change before then.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »

-

I haven't started looking at new plugins, so I'm not going to be able to answer specific questions about how they will work yet, just entertaining ideas.

Anything I add will be very simple, but I hear you that you like the idea of protecting your stuff somehow.  I'll definitely look into that before the new map.

Don't forget, this isn't happening until the Spigot 1.13 update, we've got a lot of time and things may change before then.

Thanks for the thoughts.
    I was thinking it would be cool if claim territory show up on the dynmap never had anything like that on the public server i play on before but if we had that we wouldn't really need the protection plugins cause someone could claim the public places also and they would be ok. The public server i play one had plugins where you could lock chest,doors, and signs and if the sign was place on a mob spawner or block that block couldn't be destroy by someone else.(They also ran protection plugins.)

But i think a claim territory would be better cause it would protect everything on a plot you decide how big you want it would work the best for protecting what can be break or not. Then for the chest we could had white list option that would be cool too. You would always be white listed in that option but you can add people for teams too that would be good. Also it would be good if you can white list people on your claim territory just like eco/creativerse.

Cj could you give a link of possible plugins you think this would cover so i can get more info about them or something?

Also i don't think our current system is bad if invite small amounts of people at a time and check on them to see if there griefers or thief's.

edit. found this site that list some plugins
    https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/22/Recommended-Minecraft-Plugins.html

chestshop i wonder if that's any good lol.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:16:25 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 12:22:28 AM »
    I haven't started looking at new plugins yet, and there really isn't a need to until 1.13 comes out.  The plugin(s) will need to be compatible with that version and be able to be tested, so I'm in no hurry.

I'm open to opinions about what functionality people do or don't want, but that's about it at this point.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »
    well we will want most things able to able to white list other people for teams it don't really matter if shops are private they should probably be so to be simplistic.

I don't think the current system is to bad but it's to trust base system which doesn't always work and if will be inviting a lot more people at a time so they can get in when the server is new there will probably be more thefts or maybe not i'm just paranoid.  :-X

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
    I think the current system will work i can always blocks my villagers off with a glass block in front of them then with a fence below the glass then i can place the lever or button with a piston above glass when i want to access them then i can remove the button or lever when i don't want people touching them then if someone either break the blocks or place a lever i can tell they been messing my villagers.

Then i can make a sign saying don't mess with my villagers and people who break the rule of my land or lands will be consider as it stealing/grieving that sounds ok to everyone?

There is always ways to hide your stuff too if you don't want someone touching your stuff and it they enter the secret room by grieving they could get in trouble but if you have a hidden switch and they figure it out then it's ok then but breaking blocks to get to is not ok.

This could be easier with new plugins protecting your plot/land but this is my work around to work with the current plugins tell me what you think guys?

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
    I want a death counter on the new map please cj?  :)

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »
    cj said something about the death counter that she might do it if we win a poll that she might post.

I think it's a good idea it's like a death record of all your deaths where other people can see it when your on the game it also does this in the menu but other people can't see if your not doing a video looking at your records.

This one step for the server to have similar features of other servers that are popular like hermit craft.

If you think it's a bad idea post in here why and give your own ideas of what you want with the new 1.13 map. ^-^

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 12:53:46 PM »
    1 bed sleeping and enderman not greifing;

I don't think the 1 bed sleep is require cause you can reset your insomnia timer by just clicking on the bed at night time for the phantom mob but a majority has to sleep to pass day could be good like if 4 players are on two got to sleep for it to be day instead of all 4.
    I don't really want people to skip thunderstorms but there more common in 1.13 so 1 bed sleeping might be ok too.

Then lets go in detail about enderman greifing it's more of problem then 1 bed sleeping if your in a area for a long time all the grass get's holes in it and the only option to stop it to light up the entire area which could look bad like torches everywhere.

None of these items above are require i could see new people really liking the 1 bed sleeping and the enderman greifing would benefit everyone's landscape. (not mine i'm going underwater this time.)

Also the death counter is more like bragging rights i don't really think people would mind it being on but i like it cause it's a record of your deaths that other people can see.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:08:20 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
    i forgot to note that phantoms are really dangerous but they burn in the day light i can see people dropping like flys when we first start up the server cause we use to not sleeping every night. I don't really have any other things to input in here i just can't wait for server to restart. ^-^

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »
    one hub i want as a candidate for the main hub on the new map is the new hub i like build i will make a 3 portal wide version if needed i also have another hub in works that's cool too. ^-^

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
      • View Profile
      • @warsharkz
    « Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
    dang phantoms scare that crap out me there sound is like a dragon creature sound kinda i thought it was herobrine or something lol.

here is a cool portal design looks like a dragon holding a shield might be good for spawn portal with adjustments.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4FYN2MlqSM&index=38&list=PLoVB9GuOQCYR7soUQLzeokiPaSQHbU3cm&t=0s

Before we start I think the general layout would work the best is a spawn building in the center with doors on the cardinal directions north, south, west and east then with a main road leading out in those directions all the way it can curve if someone happens to build in it's way.

Next thing is the four main extra buildings there is a list below that will be the community buildings i go in detail down below but location of those will be in the four corners of the road outside the spawn building.

down below i go in detail what to do or what is needed i didn't run this over with cj but it's my general idea what is needed first.

One first thing we need to do which a mod or cj would have to do is build the spawn building.

The next thing is we need a farming area and a stair case down to the public mines should make the stair case out of stone brick or cobble temporary.

After the next thing we would want to work is a inn for new players basely it will have basic tools and food and beds a chest near the bed for temporary storage.

The last thing to build is a enchanting/potion building this room can have free lapis for enchants but with a sign not to be greedy only take what you need. Also potion ingredients for the most useful potions with the same sign don't be greedy only take what you need.

here is the list so far:

1. spawn building
    2. farming area
    3. public mines
    4. Enchanting room enchanting/potion room
    5. Inn for new players

The next thing i could see be done is mapping out the spawn chunks with a border so i know where to build my house outside them i will do this when i can. Also lighting up the spawn area so people are safe from mobs.

One last option if we want to do it is to build a wall outside the general spawn area it can be done in a few different walls it can be a wall that is either a circle wall, square wall or a organic wall that curves with the landscape.

edit. i forgot to add the portal not sure where that will go maybe combined the inn and enchanting/potion room
    so we would have only have four buildings or the portal can go in the spawn building somewhere but not in middle you would spawn on top of it.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:00:14 PM by Neowarshark »