Author Topic: Recruitement (Please don't post applications here)  (Read 6371 times)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
Recruitement (Please don't post applications here)
« on: March 14, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
I've started actively recruiting once again.  You can see the posts in the following locations...

minecraftforum
reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/20g89s/gnarcraft_semivanilla_smp/
http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/2d04iq/gnarcraft_semivanilla_smp_whitelist_18/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post1776729.html
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59835/t1828841-gnarcraft-vanilla-18-whitelisted-24-7/

If anyone has any suggestions for places or methods we might use to advertise, please let me know! 

Just a couple notes regarding this: 

I will not use the language "Mindcrack-like" or "Mindcrack-type" server.  It may get us more search hits, but using Mindcrack or Hermitcraft in the description I believe is a cheap shot; we do not have any affiliation with those famous servers so I don't think we have the right to use the name.  I hate when servers advertise that way, just because they play vanilla SMP.

Also, we get most attention from minecraftforum.  They have a rule against bumping, so I can't just keep it on the front page myself.  If any of you have a minute or two to just add a post to that thread here and there, it will help to keep us visible.

Thanks, everyone!

edit December 29,2015: updated links

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:35:09 AM by cjucoder »

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
Re: Recruitement
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »
Aaand, LadyOnyx retweeted the server's recruitment tweet.  That should help, she is way more popular than I am  ;D  Helps to have friends in high places lol.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »
that thing about bumping pretty much covers everything you can post from what i read kinda miss up.
There pretty much saying you can't post anything that doesn't have something server related like a event.

I don't see the topic that mention that anymore but i bet there enforcing that.

I guess we could run a event once awhile and accept new members at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:16:14 AM by Neowarshark »
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
that thing about bumping pretty much covers everything you can post from what i read kinda miss up.
There pretty much saying you can't post anything that doesn't have something server related like a event.

I don't see the topic that mention that anymore but i bet there enforcing that.

I guess we could run a event once awhile and accept new members at the same time.

No, don't be afraid to post in that thread.  Just don't post something like "bump" as your entire post.  As long as you say something it is fine.  You can say something like "this is a great server, would love to see more people here"  ;D

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 12:34:45 PM »
Okay, I've white-listed 8 new people.  I think I'll stop there for awhile.  I don't want too many new people at once.  Quality over quantity.

We'll all get to know each other for a bit, and I can always start up the recruitment again a little later.

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
I counted 7 who is the 8?
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
I counted 7 who is the 8?

Turns out the 8th person won't have time to be playing here  :'(  , so it ended up being 7.  Still pretty good, I think.

Offline empie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »
Dear GnarCrafters,

A few days ago a good friend of mine and newly joined player on your server, Optimusje, told me about this server. I was very interested because I have been searching for a mature minecraft server to play on. I did not post a message immediately because I saw posts on this forum that you won't be recruiting for a while, and I did not want to spam you. But I just saw cjucoders post and it motivated me to post this.
I used to play on a great Dutch server a while ago, but it slowly died out because the admin couldn't run the server anymore and it was taken over by two of the mods who royally screwed up the server. I still have a lot of good online friends from that server though.

I will answer the application questions:
In-Game Name: Hypergek8 (really old gamer tag that I dont really use anymore, but I can't change it)
Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Automating processes in minecraft through redstone
Other servers: I played on a number of larger servers (professionally hosted servers), and the thing I liked the most are the way a good server becomes a real community and is more than just some place to play a game. The thing I like the least are ego tripping mods, I have enough experience with those sadly :(
Creeper chasing me: I would repair the damage the creeper had done to the building and the environment (filling in creeper holes completely, I hate those air pockets under ground). Also I would message the user if he is online, or leave a sign.
Anything else: I am a architecture student from holland, and I loved minecraft since it started (bought it in the few first days where it was only 5 euros. I am a avid redditor (username: muzzleflash) and gamer (steam-account: muzzleflash1).

EDIT: I just noticed I'm posting on your server forum, not the minecraft forums where you were posting about your server. I apologise if this forum is not meant for these things.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:48:45 AM by empie »

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:56 PM »
Dear GnarCrafters,

A few days ago a good friend of mine and newly joined player on your server, Optimusje, told me about this server. I was very interested because I have been searching for a mature minecraft server to play on. I did not post a message immediately because I saw posts on this forum that you won't be recruiting for a while, and I did not want to spam you. But I just saw cjucoders post and it motivated me to post this.
I used to play on a great Dutch server a while ago, but it slowly died out because the admin couldn't run the server anymore and it was taken over by two of the mods who royally screwed up the server. I still have a lot of good online friends from that server though.

-- snip --

EDIT: I just noticed I'm posting on your server forum, not the minecraft forums where you were posting about your server. I apologise if this forum is not meant for these things.

True, this thread is not meant as a place to post an application, but that's okay.  Welcome to the server!  You've been white-listed.  Friends of our members are always welcome.

Offline empie

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
Dear GnarCrafters,

-- snip --

True, this thread is not meant as a place to post an application, but that's okay.  Welcome to the server!  You've been white-listed.  Friends of our members are always welcome.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to playing on your server!

Offline TartanLassie5

• Diamonds are a miners best friend.
    • TartanLassie5
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »
Please can you add me to the whitelist:

1. In-Game Name - tartanlassie
2. Age - 44
3. Favorite thing to do in Minecraft - Mining, exploring and gardening
4. If you have played on other servers, what did you like (and not like) about them? - nobody willing to team up with me an adult 40+ gamer to explore the map etc.
5. If a creeper chasing you blew up another player's structure, what would you do? - Of course I would repair it, I do not like ugly landscape
6. Anything else you want to tell us about yourself? I am an honest and friendly female adult gamer looking to team up other adult gamers to have fun in minecraft.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »
Please can you add me to the whitelist:

1. In-Game Name - tartanlassie
2. Age - 44
3. Favorite thing to do in Minecraft - Mining, exploring and gardening
4. If you have played on other servers, what did you like (and not like) about them? - nobody willing to team up with me an adult 40+ gamer to explore the map etc.
5. If a creeper chasing you blew up another player's structure, what would you do? - Of course I would repair it, I do not like ugly landscape
6. Anything else you want to tell us about yourself? I am an honest and friendly female adult gamer looking to team up other adult gamers to have fun in minecraft.

I didn't mean this thread as a place to submit an application, but that's okay.  :D

I'll whitelist you as soon as I can on Thursday and send you a PM when I've done so.  It'll be nice to have another person closer to my age!  There are actually a few of us 40+ here so you'll fit right in!

Looking forward to seeing you ingame :)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
I've once again started actively recruiting, so if you see any new people in game say hi!

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
Re: Recruitement (Please don't post applications here)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
Since I advertise for 18+ I often get replies from younger people saying "you need to lower your age requirement or you won't get any applications"

This is the immature mind.  "If I can't apply NOBODY will apply" or else "Nobody over 18 plays video games".

This reassures me that 18+ is the way to go.   ;D

Offline empie

Re: Recruitement (Please don't post applications here)
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »
I think the 18+ is an arbitrary line you have to draw, you have younger people that are a lot more responsible than people that are, say 25, but too bad you can't know that from the application. So I think the 18+ line has served us very well :)