Author Topic: 1.7  (Read 6701 times)

Offline iRhymeWithRawr

« on: October 27, 2013, 05:41:59 AM »
1.7 has some fancy brand new generation.

Now that new generation has just been released, it will surely be a while until changes to world will be made again (if ever).

So now arises the question.

Does anyone want a map reset?
Personally Ive been begging and nagging for one for the longest time, and with the new forums this is my chance to nag people even more!

So, do you want a map reset?

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
Re: 1.7
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »
I'm content with the current map i wouldn't mind a reset down the road though if they add something new.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:30:12 PM by Neowarshark »
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »
I understand 1.7 is the "Update that Changed the World", but once I expand the borders there will be no problem with us taking advantage of the update without losing what we already have built.

Personally I am not in favor of resetting the map, it hasn't even been a year since we reset the map last time.  The nether hub is well established, so we can expand easily but still reach each other fairly quickly and cooperate on new community builds even in the new biomes.

I'm certainly open to discussion on the matter.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:27:42 PM by cjucoder »

Offline iRhymeWithRawr

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
I see.

Well the biggest deal for me is wanting to build in some new biomes. I just like them. However I can not do that without going far far away (even further than my oil platform! Which is already 3 minutes of netherwalking.), which means I will loose the convenience of being reasonably close to spawn  [chicken].

That, plus my previous argument of 'nows the moment' because terrain generation only just updated and Id hate to have a map with a bunch of stuff only to find out generation changed... again.

Either way, were still a community so I cant speak for any of you people, and the communities wish goes above my wish.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
Well the biggest deal for me is wanting to build in some new biomes. I just like them. However I can not do that without going far far away (even further than my oil platform! Which is already 3 minutes of netherwalking.), which means I will loose the convenience of being reasonably close to spawn  [chicken].

To me, several minutes of netherwalking isn't that big of a deal, plus carts and horses are pretty fast.  Our map isn't that big

But, I totally get the point.  We want to explore and build in the new biomes, but still be relatively close to each other so we can hang/build/play [bow] together.

What if we copy what the Mindcrack guys are doing?  IE we pick a direction in the nether, head out for awhile and form a new, additional, secondary hub.  No real rules or requirements with this, just a nexus where those of us that want to do exactly what Rawr is talking about is able to.  We can take advantage of the new biomes but not be too far from each other in that new hub.  That should minimize the amount of times needed to go to actual spawn if travel time is a concern.

Meanwhile, everyone can do anything they want with their current unfinished projects or explore in other directions if they prefer to solo it.  I am still going to have a border in place, just move it out farther.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:02:00 PM by cjucoder »

Offline iRhymeWithRawr

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
Sounds like a pretty good substitute,

I like the idea but I doubt many people will move over to the new Hub so I guess I will just be a patient little boy and wait until a map reset is something everybody wants :).

Its weird because the map before this one, I was the only one that didnt want to lose all of my stuff.

Offline Taranis

• Bad Builder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:58 PM »
I think the secondary hub is a great idea! Only issue there is it draws people away from the actual hub, but better than a new world for those of you that are established I suppose. =)

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
I wouldn't mind coming up with a new design for the secondary hub.  :)

Offline kil79l

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:25 PM »
haha while reading this i was thinking the same thing cj. make a 2nd hub to a new destination. but we would have to pick one side. which side should we choose?  [creeper]
Traveling shouldnt be a big issue, we made tunnels reaching the border walls. you can run, horse ride or take a cart to the end of the tunnel  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:22:32 PM by kil79l »

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
i just saw bukkit made a structure saver man that would have save time lol
are you going to use it in case we miss any structures cj?

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »
haha while reading this i was thinking the same thing cj. make a 2nd hub to a new destination. but we would have to pick one side. which side should we choose?  [creeper]
Traveling shouldnt be a big issue, we made tunnels reaching the border walls. you can run, horse ride or take a cart to the end of the tunnel  ;D

I'm thinking we go East, just because it seems to me that more stuff has already been built East of spawn.  Not sure about this, so let me know your opinions.

Here's what I'm thinking...shift the world border.  Instead of having the center point at spawn, I'll make the center point off to the East (or whatever) and expand the borders from there.  That way we won't have just a ring of 1.7 terrain around our current map, but will have a large wad of new explorable map on a single direction (East, or whatever) from current position.  I'll do maths to make sure any current map is within the borders.

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »

Haven't heard about this yet, Neo.  Do you have a link?

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 01:23:45 AM »

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/psa-minecraft-1-7-update-possibly-losing-structures.186617/page-6#post-1954057

go to top of post

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/psa-minecraft-1-7-update-possibly-losing-structures.186617/page-6#post-1954057

go to top of post

Thanks!  I hadn't seen this.  I'll grab that plugin/utility and run it immediately before upgrading to 1.7.

Offline iRhymeWithRawr

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
Cool cool. Also on a sidenote, if we need any rails, I can supply iron.

[steve]
                                         [minecart]
============================================