Author Topic: 2 Year Anniversary  (Read 3996 times)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
2 Year Anniversary
« on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I don't know the exact day of the day of our server's birth, so I'm using the original post date of the forum thread on minecraftforums, July 9th 2012.  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1342490-gnarcraft-a-mature-completely-vanilla-survival-server/
 [sword] [sword] [sword]
Sunday has always seemed to work good for us, so lets party on the 13th of July.  Let's play the PvP games at steve's place.  I'd also like to build something at spawn to mark our anniversary, so come with some ideas for a monument of some kind.
 [sword] [sword] [sword]
I'm going to contact members that haven't been around lately (those I know how to contact that is) and invite a few special guests.  In fact, I've been talking to our original founder, gnarvin, and he has shown interest.
 [sword] [sword] [sword]
Come anytime you like, I'll be on the server starting from 11am Central time (US) and throughout the day.  Please post when you can come on so people know when members will be here, the more the merrier  :D

Offline steve

Re: 2 Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
cool look forward to it  8) [steve]

Offline steve

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:23:14 AM »
can we get some thoughts on what will be needed for the spawn monument i an a bit hand to mouth with supplies but can try to run some of the farms to help if needed.    [steve]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:24:21 AM by steve »

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 05:28:06 AM »
I have a idea of a gold cup with 2 and Y lettering with it sitting on circle elevated platforms made of stonebrick that are stack multiple levels with pillars sticking out in some spots probably made out of quartz.

The platform parts itself could have mossy spots and crack parts and we could fill the cup with water.

let me what you think of this idea and if i should make design for it or we can come up with it when we are building it.

edit. the cup could even be made out of iron since it a 2y anniversary but whatever works 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:49:19 AM by Neowarshark »
~Have a nice Morning/Day/Evening/Night from Neo.

Offline steve

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »
getting close now looking forward to the day  [steve]

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
Just 5 days to go and not many have post in here lol.

edit. basely wondering what times people will show up :).

edit2. i will show up later on that day but i might get up earlier.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:58:20 PM by Neowarshark »

Offline steve

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 07:52:35 AM »
I plan to be on get things ready before cj gets on not been to well the last few days but i am looking forward to sunday  :) ;D 8) [steve]

Offline Neowarshark

• rawr!
    • @warsharkz
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday the biggest party ever there will be mini-games fun and a monument build at spawn.  8)

hope you feel better steve and let us know if you need help with anything. :)

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
The 2 Year Anniversary Monument at spawn was completed at the party.  It was almost completely designed by and mostly built by CaptainQ, who doesn't have time to be a regular player but was a special guest as he is a friend of mine, steve, ladyonyx and NihonTiger (who were also all at the party).

Check him out!  He has an awesome voice and is an interesting commentator.  He mostly streams gaming and art (he is a talented artist).

http://www.hitbox.tv/captainq   [bookshelf]  https://www.youtube.com/user/captainq

We could still use some landscaping around the monument, so anyone who wants to work on that feel free.  It is located behind the inn by the garden.

The Torch of Two Year Anniversary-ness

Left to right: ladyonyx, CaptainQ, Neowarshark

Offline cjucoder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
Steve posted this picture on twitter, Nihon winning the race with CaptainQ a close second.  Good timing, steve!    :D  That track is really fun!  Sorry about the 16 fps, though  :(

Offline steve

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »
 yes it was a good day
thanks for trying out the games
some bugs but it the first time playing them for real.
the torch is just right :)
Dont no why it has 16 fps i did not notes it it must have been a blip the old computer is not as good as the newer one but it  gets 30/40 fps which is fine i cap it at 40.  [steve]

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:44:37 AM by steve »